1. Drink a cup of water at least an hour and a half before eating a meal. A study has shown that drinking at least a cup of water has been recorded to increase weight loss by a whopping 44% over the course of three months. This is due to the person feeling full faster while not eating as much food.
2. Drinking a morning shake that is full of protein. Doing this has shown results of people having reduced cravings and a smaller daily calorie intake. It has also shown to improve mood and help with overall physical health.
3. Start choosing weight loss friend foods: whole eggs, leafy greens, nuts, salmon, lean meats, etc. Certain food that are out into your body is more beneficial when it comes to losing fat over a duration of time.
4. Stop drinking sugar filled drinks and sodas. While they may be delicious, they are one of the most fattening things that you can out inside of your body. Avoiding them can help you drop the pounds even faster.
5. Eat more whole and unprocessed foods. Having a diet that is mainly based around consuming whole foods will less likely cause the person to overeat. Plus, they are healthier, fresher, and taste better.
6. Start drinking more tea and coffee. If you’re a lover of tea and coffee, you’re in luck as the caffeine can boost your metabolism by 3-11%. Just be sure to avoid adding too much sugar.
7. Start eating more slowly. It’s easy to overeat if you are rushing through plater after plate. Studies have shown slowing down the pace of eating a meal will boost the weigh-loss hormones found in your body.
8. Start weighing yourself daily. People who begin the practice of weighing themselves everyday have shown to lose weight more quickly and steadily then does who do not.
9. Eat more fibre. Consuming more soluble fibres may reduce belly fat more than other weight loss food. Taking fibre supplements can also help depending on the diet.
10. Getting a good night’s rest. The worse your sleep, the more likely you are to gain additional weight. Get a good night rest every night and begin to take better care of your body in the simplest way.
How Fast Will You Lose the Weight
In most cases, you can expect to lose around 5-10 pounds during the first week of your new healthy living journey, sometimes even more if you are dedicated. Afterwards, you should see constant weight loss if you continue to follow these tips, along with exercising and drinking more water. If you happen to be new to dieting, your body will probably have a more drastic and faster result compared to others. Though as the saying goes: the more weight you must lose the faster it will burn off of your body.
During the first few days its normal to have a strange feeling in your body. Since your body has only been burning carbs for the last few years, it’s going to take awhile to get used to burning fat instead. This is usually called the “keto flu” or the “low-carb flu” – and only lasts for a few days. It has been noted that adding some additional salt to your diet can help ease and quicken this process.
In most cases, people who choose to do this diet report feeling fantastic and having higher energy levels.
Despite the decades of the well-known anti-fat hysteria and having the diet company booming, following the low-carb diet/keto diet will also help improve your health in the following ways:
• Lower blood sugar levels are seen quickly
• The bad cholesterol, LDL, has been recorded to go down
• The good cholesterol, HDL, goes up
• Overall blood pressure improves
• Easy to follow without having to give up a ton of food
Starving Yourself is Not the Answer
Contrary to popular belief, starving yourself is not going to make you lose weight any faster than someone who is going on a diet and working out regularly. Before deciding to go on a keto diet, ask your medical professional for advice and see if you need to tweak anything to make sure that the diet will not negatively affect you. The reduction of carbs intake and the lowering of insult levels, you will begin to change your hormones so that your brain and body, in unison, will start to think and behave in ways that will cause you to lose weight.